8.14 Benefits for Retirees
Effective Date: April 1, 2010 (Revised)
Upon retirement, the College provides certain benefits to retirees on a continuing basis. These benefits are described below.
Retirement from Trinity College is defined as leaving the College after reaching age 60 and completing 10 years of benefits-eligible
Retirees who meet these criteria are eligible for:
- A choice of retirement gift from a list of gifts maintained by Human Resources;
- Continuing use of a Trinity email address and IT support for email issues;
- At age 62 or older, audit of one course per semester at the College on a space-available basis with permission of
faculty member — retiree pays audit fee only;
- Invitations to various employee events on campus, including the Holiday Luncheon;
- Passes to most regular season athletic events;
- Continuing use of Ferris Athletic Center facilities;
- Ability for spouse or partner to purchase fitness center membership on the same basis as spouses of active employees;
- Full access to Trinity College Library resources; some retired faculty may use the Inter Library Loan Program;
- Free admission to the Wadsworth Athenaeum;
- Discounted tickets to CineStudio;
- Two free admissions to most events at Austin Arts Center;
- Discounts at the Trinity College bookstore.
Human Resources will provide assistance to retirees wishing to obtain or retain these benefits.
All privileges and benefits are subject to review and may change, with or without notice, at the discretion of the College.
See the following policies for additional relevant information:
8.13 Tuition Benefits 281