8.09 Travel-Accident Insurance

Effective Date: September 1, 2013 (Revised)


The College provides travel-accident insurance for employees traveling on College-related business. This policy will pay a benefit in the event of accidental death or dismemberment while traveling on approved College business.

Travel to some countries will not be covered. These countries include those with travel warnings issued by the US Department of State and economic and trade sanctions enforced by the US Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control.



Employees are eligible upon their hire date. There are no enrollment forms to complete — the coverage is automatic. All employees who travel on official College business both domestically and internationally are covered.

The amount of coverage for accidental death and dismemberment varies by employee classification.

Further information can be obtained in the Human Resources Department and the Accounting Services.


The College pays the full premium for travel-accident insurance.

Termination of Coverage

Coverage ends on the date employment terminates. The coverage cannot be continued or converted to an individual policy.

Personal Property

The College maintains no insurance for loss of or damage to personal property while traveling on College-related business. Travelers should seek reimbursement through their own insurance or directly from the responsible party.

College Property

The College selectively insures its equipment and building contents. An individual traveling with College equipment should contact Accounting Services to determine whether insurance should be purchased prior to travel. This should be done for each travel situation, regardless of whether the property was previously insured.

See the following policies for further relevant information:

4.05 Termination of Employment 62